tabs and pages up top-- new pages on blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The first day of the rest of your life..

On Friday i had the honor (i say honor, because this session touched me in ways that are undescribeable) to photography a couple, actually my best friends grandparents, for their 50th wedding anniversary that is in a week or so. Seriously? 50 years. FIFTY YEARS. Do you know how amazing that is to me?

It suddenly hit me. This is probably the last photo session they will have and Probably the first in years.
When i got home, put my kids to bed, and started digging through their images, my heart began to fill with joy for them, but great sadness for me. Do you know that I would give my right arm for a GOOD, CLEAR, SHARP, PROFESSIONAL image of MY grandparents? Something to hang on my wall, something to live on in my family for years to come. My four year old asks me all the time who my papaw is. All i have to show her is a snapshot of my mamaw and papaw together standing in their kitchen, YEARS ago. I always took my camera, (then being a point and shoot cheapy) to holidays, family gatherings, etc with me, but always forgot or was "embarrassed" to whip my camera out, and tell them to say cheese.
I want to give back to YOUR elders. I want you to want to have their picture made. With you, with their grandkids, with their kids, with their dog, with whoever you want to. I want to come to you, and i want to give you images that will be priceless to you and your family when they are gone one day. I cannot stress how important pictures are, as can no photographer who truely cherishes the value of a photograph. If only i had a few pictures of MY grandparents before they passed away, i would be ever so greatful.
With all that being said, send an email to capturethemoment.mathis@gmail.com
Descibe in that email who you would like photographed, their ages, etc. Tell me a little about them.
I will then choose 3 candidates, and i will give you a session of your loved ones to cherish forever.